Following our in-depth analysis of the negotiations: Brexit: Taking Stock, in last week’s blog: we thought we might offer a humorous take on the what many see as the at times almost farcical nature of much of the UK government’s approach to Brexit.
This post is written in that light-hearted spirit. We will return to our more usual considered critical analysis of the process and the negotiations from next week. Enjoy and feel free to share
THE BREXIT TAPES (?)
The scene: A British Brexit cabinet subcommittee
The cast of characters:
- Davis: Davis (David “Danger” Davis, head of the Brexit Expeditionary Force, tasked with extracting the UK from the EU)
- BoJo: Boris “BoJo” Johnson, Secretary of State for upsetting foreigners
- The Govey: The Environment Secretary and one time “man who would be king” and then the man would be a political assassin.
- Fox: Dr Liam Fox, Minister responsible for trying to make trade deals with former colonies and places as far away as possible. The fourth member of a gang of three.
- Hammond: “Big Phil” Hammond, the moneyman and middle man. Sits on the fence with both ears to the ground.
- The Maybot: The hapless Prime Minister. Is in the chair for the meeting, but not in control. This is effectively a non-speaking role. The others only let stay in place because they cannot agree among themselves who should replace her. She can ask questions. Just about.